Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pumpkin Waffles


Woke up effin starving and knew my boring smoothie was not going to cut it today so I hopped online and found a recipe for pumpkin waffles from my favorite vegan author Isa Chandra Moskowitz.  I made a couple of minor substitutions, first I used raw sugar instead of brown sugar, two teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice instead of all the other spices and instead of yogurt I added a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.  They came out good, a tiny bit dense for me but a for sure keeper.  I topped them with some sliced apples, a big blop of earth balance and some maple syrup and yummo.  Note: this recipe makes HELLA waffles which is awesome because you can just throw them in the freezer and pop them in the toaster anytime you are fiending for waffly deliciousness.


2 1/2 cups all purp flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 Tablespoons soy yogurt
2 cups soymilk
15 oz pureed pumpkin, fresh or canned
1/3 cup oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions
Sift together dry ingredients. In a seperate bowl, vigorously wisk together wet ingredients until well emulsified. Pour wet into dry and combine. Prepare waffles according to manufacturers instructions. I use a normal 4 waffle iron, but I’ve made belgian ones, too.
Recipe obtained from the Post Punk Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment