Thursday, June 28, 2012
Big shout out to my big sis for helping with the decorating. The heart was my idea but she helped with the rest:) Love you and hate you sis!!!
Here's the recipe...
Raw Berry Tart
1 1/2 cups walnuts
1/2 cup almonds
8 dates pitted
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Place all ingredients in a a food processor and mix until it holds together nicely. Be careful not to over mix or the oils in the nuts will release and make it mushy.
2. Grease a ten inch tart pan and press the crust mixture into the pan evenly.
Cashew Cream Filling
1 1/4 cups cashews
juice and rind of one lemon
1 vanilla bean, seeds only
pinch of salt
1. Place cashews, lemon, vanilla bean and salt in a blender. Pour the water over the nuts just to the top. Blend until creamy. If too think add more water.
1. Spread the cashew cream in the tart shell evenly. Add the fruit on top to your liking. To get the same presentation I did hull the strawberries and place them around the egde of the tart. Then make a heart shape with raspberries and fill carefully with blueberries. Refrigerate for a couple of hours.
2. To serve gently move the tart out of the pan and place on a flat surface to cut. ENJOY!!!