Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Coconut Almond Butter Granola

So those of you who know me know that I don't suck at many things (right?...) but making granola is something that I have proven time and time again to royally suck at....until I came up with this super easy scrumptious recipe.  It came to me one day as I was feinding like a crackhead for sugar after a hearty healthy lunch.  So I decided to use up the apples I had leftover from my juice fast in a healthy apple cobbler thingy.... and guess what I also suck at making apple cobbler thingies (but don't get it confused foolios I can make some bomb cobblers).

The topping I came up with was to die for, it was like the best most delicious granola I have ever tasted in my life and as most vegans, I worship granola.  It was sweet but not too sweet, hearty but not too hearty, and chunky but not too chunky and overall just perfect.  And in this process I decided that I do not suck at making granola, the recipes I used for making granola sucked and were overly difficult and loaded with too much unnecessary hippy shit (I love hippy shit but not unnecessary hippy shit).  So I gave it a go and viola the perfect easiest granola ever...

Coconut Almond Butter Granola


3 cups rolled oats
3/4 cups coconut
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup almond butter
1 cup agave or maple syrup
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts


1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  In a large mixing bowl add the oats, coconut, salt and mix.  In a separate bowl add almond butter, agave, coconut, melted coconut oil and vanilla and mix until well blended.  Add the almond butter mixture to the oats and mix thoroughly.

2.  Spread mixture on a large cookie sheet and spread so it is about 1/2 inch thick and place in oven for 30-40 minutes.  Take out of oven half way through and give the granola a mix, if you like chunky give it a light mix if you don't like it chunky mix it good and it will fall apart.  Once crunchy and browned on the edges it is good to go, pull it out of the oven add the walnuts and your done!

No comments:

Post a Comment