Thursday, January 19, 2012

Potato Filled with Broccoli and Cashew Velveeta

Damn it!  I need a real camera, this blackberry bullshit is just not cutting it...hint hint ;) anyone gots a camera laying around collecting dust they could lend me? 

Anyways... when your in a funk whats better to eat than broccoli and cheese?  I usually make my cheese sauce with nutritional yeast, earth balance, soy milk and flour but because I am TRYING not to eat wheat and soy... notice I emphasize TRYING.  Not eating wheat and soy on a vegan diet is effin hard!  But overall I have been eating a hell of a lot better so this might be something I try to stick with... we will see.  Both cheese sauces are REALLY good but I think the cashew one is a little easier.  They can also be very versatile, last night when I came home and had a mad case of the munchies I made some quesadillas with the leftover cashew Velveeta and though they were sloppy they were also delish. 

So at this point I am feeling pretty cocky about my ability to veganize (yes that is a word) pretty much anything, so give me some ideas, what is your favorite dish you would like to see veganized?  I want to get some crazy delicious dishes on my blog and then start promoting it a little more.  Let's see what kind of crazy ideas you gots!

Baked Potato Filled with Broccoli and Cashew Velveeta

2 large potatoes baked
1 head of broccoli chopped and steamed
1 cup of cashews
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
juice of 1 lemon
water
salt and pepper to taste

1.  Place cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and lemon in a blender and fill with water until the cashews are just covered and blend until a creamy cheese sauce is formed.  Taste and add salt and pepper to your liking.  Open potato and salt generously, add a tablespoon or two of cheese straight to the potato then top with broccoli and add a couple more tablespoons of cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment