Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Greens, Beans and Tempeh Bacon

OMG! What a peice of shit week I have had, hence the lack of postings and cooking in general and when this beezie is not cooking and eating she is not happy:(  Up until yesterday I have pretty much only been eating a shit ton of bananas because I have been so effing lazy and stressed.  I wont get into details here but let's just say within the matter of a week I have unexpectedly  relocated residencies and my relationship of five years is on the rocks. But what better way to cure a broken heart then some hearty greens with tempeh bacon, fucking yum:)  As you can see in my other posts I am not a strainger to comfort food, especially the kind of comfort food where the more you eat the better you feel because it is just that healthy. 

I came up with this dish one day when I made some boring ass sauted kale and topped it with a veggie burger and tempeh bacon.  Let me just say the veggie burger was not very complimentary (blehk) but the tempeh bacon and greens...fucking genious.  This recipe is perfect on it's own or you can serve with a side of quinou or some kind of healthy grain.  I easily ate half of this whole recipe last night which means a whole head of kale to the dome!  Now thats some pretty healthy shiznit... So here is the recipe so you can over dose on kale just like me...

Greens, Beans and Tempeh Bacon

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion chopped
6 peices of tempeh bacon or other vegan bacon cut into 1/4 inch peices
3 cloves of garlic minced
2 bunches of kale cut into small peices
1 can of cannelli beans
1 cup of veggie broth
salt and pepper to taste

1.  Heat olive oil in a large pan on medium heat and add onion and bacon, cook for 3-4 minutes until bacon is browned.  Add the garlic and cook until it becomes fragrant, just for a minute or so then add the rest of the ingredients and braise the kale until desired consistency.  I like my greens a little crunchy but it is up to you.

Damn that is one easy ass recipe... so go make it now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment