Thursday, July 5, 2012

Vegan French Toast

So... vegan french toast is not exactly the same as french toast but it is super bomb. I promise.  The trick I have found is to let it cook slowly.  I know it is painfully difficult to watch the bread just sit there on the griddle with the syrup and earth balance calling your name from the sidelines but the extra 5 minutes is worth it.  I love all breakfast food but french toast is so just so fucking easy.  This is a total beginner vegan recipe.  And if dipping your bread in almond milk and banana seems weird to you why don't you take a second and think about dipping it in chicken fetus and milk from a fucking cow...  I know, gross.

I highly suggest eating this recipe with fresh fruit, berries if possible. Hellsa good:)

Vegan French Toast

8 slices of bread (preferably french, preferably wheat and preferably stale)
1 cup vegan milk (I used soy because thats what I had open in the fridge)
1 small banana
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon agave
oil (I like to use coconut)
toppings: vegan butter, jam, maple syrup, strawberries, raspberries, bananas, blueberries, almonds, or whatever you can think of.

Blend milk, banana, flour and agave in blender until well mixed and place in a large bowl.  Heat a large pan or griddle to medium low.  Place a teaspoon or so of oil on the pan so the bread does not stick.  Dip each piece of bread in the batter and place in the pan.  Cook each side of the bread for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown and serve:)

1 comment:

  1. Yummy. Yes that is gross when you look at it that way....chicken fetus and cow puss...LOL!

    ReplyDelete